Friday 13 June 2008

X Factor star is UK Eurovision entry

Former 'X Factor' star Andy Abraham has been chosen to represent the UK at this year's Eurovision Song Contest.
The 43-year-old former dustbin-man was chosen by the public to travel to Serbia as the country's Eurovision entry.
The singer, whose song is called 'Even If', beat former 'EastEnders' star Michelle Gayle in the public vote on Saturday night.
Speaking after he was selected for the Eurovision, Abraham said: "I'm freaked out. What can I say - the public have voted me in and I'm over the moon."
"I will try my best to make them proud out in Serbia. I really hope people in Europe will give the song a chance."
Abraham, who was the runner-up in the 2005 series of 'The X Factor', has been installed at odds of 25/1 to win the Eurovision by William Hill.
A spokesperson for William Hill, Rupert Adams, said: "Sadly it looks like we've got a bigger turkey than Ireland. In the future the UK will need to pick a novelty act to stand a chance."